Where all of the action happens!

Monday, January 24, 2011

Mega Music Monday #1; Stoopid

Hello everybody! I've decided that every Monday will be Mega Music Monday. Why? Because I like music, that's why! On Mega Music Monday, I will post a song, and give a short description of the song, band, etc. This is because I like broadening people's music horizon. So today, I give you "Stoopid," by the band Snot.


Snot is a band from the late 90's, who played a great combination of nu metal/ funk metal. They gained fame on the West Coast, and released their first album, "Get Some" in 1997. The song "Stoopid" is the first (and possibly only, idk) single of the album. It deals with why racism and discriminatino are "stupid." The band had much success, and went to work on their second album. However, on 12/11/1998, lead singer Lynn Strait was killed in a car accident. The band put out the unfinished album, "Strait Up" in 2000, using guest vocalists such as Serj Tankian and Johnathan Davis. They have since disbanded, and gotten back together under the new name "Tons."

So, that's all I have to say. Hope you guys like the song, feedback is appreciated!

6 comments:

  1. Nice music, will sway body to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kind of sounds like killing in the name of, or similar music anyways. Good song!

    http://cmipigeon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Chris, thanx! @Fruffles, yeah this song does kind of remind me of that. But overall, they are very different bands (In my opinion)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's quite the conversation lol.

    tehhappyplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello~! Good song~ please do share more ^^

    I have followed your blog.
    Could you follow mine too please at:
    SkyBlueTrading Blog

    I currently have a competition of stock price guessing where I will give the winner $1.00 or more for guess it right~

    If any blogger would like to get their blogs followed by others, please visit my blog too~ I have a list of followers who are likely to follow you back! The list is located to the left side of my blog. Follow me and add a comment, I'll add your bloglink to my list~

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it! Supporting! :) Keep up the sweet posts!

    http://blazaimagenes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete